- Empowers residents and leaders to shape the future of their community’s housing supply.
- Improves future prospects for area families by helping them to become confident homebuyers and responsible homeowners.
- Creates safer environments by improving deteriorating structures.
- Increases appeal for business development or expansion by revitalizing the housing market and enhancing the quality of life
- Grows a larger tax base by increasing the value of improved houses
- Provides income for local businesses by channeling federal and state dollars back into the community.
Community Housing Planning:
Does your community have housing needs, but you’re not sure how to meet those needs? Do your housing needs include:
- Workforce housing?
- Rehabilitation of existing homes?
- New housing construction?
- Rental housing?
- Senior housing?
- Other housing?
The Central Nebraska Housing and Economic Developers would like to begin assisting your community in preparation for future housing grants. CNHED will work with community leaders to:
- Complete a Community Assets Checklist
- Identify community assets and gaps to be filled
- Develop a plan to fill gaps in data/information
- Identify housing needs and priorities
- Gather partners and public support for selected housing project
- Write a grant application for State and Federal funding
- Partner to deliver community housing program
Click Here to fill out a Community Assets Checklist
If your county or community is interested in conducting a housing needs assessment, please Contact Us.