Local Funding Opportunities
Local Option Municipal Development Act (LB840)
The Local Option Municipal Economic Development Act (LB840, 1991) authorizes incorporated cities and villages to collect and appropriate tax dollars (sales and/or property tax) if approved by the local voters, for economic development purposes.
TIF (Tax Increment Financing)
Tax increment financing (TIF) in Nebraska is primarily designed to finance the public costs associated with a private development project. Essentially, the property tax increases resulting from a development are targeted to repay the public investment required by a project.
For a brief outline of the TIF program Click Here.
Policies for Community Adoption for State/Federal Grants
There are a number of policies that communities must adopt and adhere to, to be eligible to receive state and/or federal grants. Templates, below, are provided for community use and adoption:
- Citizen Participation Plan
- Procurement Policy and Code of Conduct
- Residential Anti-displacement and Relocation Assistance Plan
- Excessive Force Certification
- Section 504 Self-Evaluation Plan
- Financial Management Certification
- Fair Housing Poster and Fair Housing Public Notice Post both the poster and the public notice in government offices, to meet State of Nebraska and Federal guidelines.
- Section 504 Public Notice Post this public notice in government offices, to meet State of Nebraska and Federal guidelines.